Monday, November 03, 2003

Packaging: Victory

I finally got packages for libgpg-error, libtasn1, libgcrypt, and gnutls that compile and run happily on my fink box. I'm using the 10.2-gcc3.3 distribution. I've had a report from a friend that these info files do not work on a 10.2 box. I'm not sure if that has something to do with 10.2, or if it means that I forgot a dependency somewhere.

These packages work well enough for me to build and link gaim with them, and login to MSN without a segfault. That's my acid test of most of my fink packages. It's pretty disturbing, actually, just how much packaging I do just to get an extra feature or two

If anybody is interested, here are the links to the info and patch files:
libgpg-error
libtasn1
libgcrypt
gnutls

Hopefully these packages will get the blessing of the fink Core Developers (note the reverence) soon.