Saturday, August 02, 2003

Reunions

My five year high school reunion was tonight. I attended it, though I knew before I went that it would probably be bad. It lived up to all of my expectations and more. I got to see a lot of people, but most of them are the ones I kept in touch with anyway. With a few exceptions, most of the attendees were those who never got out of our little hometown.

The reunion was held at Marley's in the Dells. Now there's two bad ideas combined. Let's have a reunion at Marley's, and Let's have a reunion do it on a Saturday night.

About halfway through some friends and I decided that we were hungry and ducked out to get some food. That was probably the highlight of the evening. On the way to the restaurant, we decided that the planners probably decided on Marley's because there was going to be a
DJ there that we wouldn't have to pay anything for.

Oh well. It was a night out at least.